M.Sc. Maik Pfefferkorn
Ph.D. Student and Research Assistant
Institute for Automation Engineering (IFAT)
Laboratory for Systems Theory and Automatic Control
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
39106 Magdeburg (Germany)
G07 - 209
(+49) 0391-67 52212
My research interests are focused on:
- Machine Learning-supported (Model Predictive) Control (MPC)
- Gaussian Processes (GPs) for Systems Modeling
- Uncertainty Propagation and Safety Guarantees in GP-based
- Control of Scanning Quantum Dot Microscopy
Proceedings (peer reviewed)
P. Holzmann, J. Matschek, M. Pfefferkorn, and R. Findeisen.
Learning secure corridors for model predictive path following
control of autonomous systems in cluttered environments.
In Proceedings of the European Control Conference (ECC), 2022.
H. H. Nguyen, M. Pfefferkorn, and R. Findeisen.
High-probability stable Gaussian process-supported model predictive
control for Lur’e systems.
In Proceedings of European Control Conference (ECC), London,
M. Pfefferkorn, M. Maiworm, and R. Findeisen.
Exact multiple-step predictions in Gaussian process-based model
predictive control: Observations, possibilities, and challenges.
In American Control Conference (ACC), pages 2829--2836,
Atlanta, USA, 2022. IEEE.
M. Pfefferkorn, P. Holzmann, J. Matschek, and R. Findeisen.
Safe corridor learning for model predictive path following control.
In Proceedings of the 25th International Symposium on
Mathematics of Networks and Systems (MTNS), 2022.
M. Pfefferkorn, M. Maiworm, C. Wagner, F. S. Tautz, and R. Findeisen.
Fusing online Gaussian process-based learning and control for
scanning quantum dot microscopy.
In 59th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pages
5525--5531, Jeju Island, Korea, 2020. IEEE.
M. Pfefferkorn. Sparse Online Gaussian Process
Regression for Two-Degree-Of-Freedom Control of Scanning Quantum Dot Microscopy.
Master's thesis, Institute for Automation Engineering, University
of Magdeburg. 2020.
M. Pfefferkorn. Bedeutung der Deubiquitinylase- und
E3-Ligase-Aktivität von TNFAIP3 (A20) für die Helicobacter
pylori-abhängige NF-κB-Aktivität. Bachelor's thesis, Institute for
Experimental Internal Medicine, University of Magdeburg. 2018.
Supervisor or co-supervisor of the following student projects:
- Formal Verification of a Robotic Arm using Hybrid Model Checking (M.
- Iterative Model Improvement Learning Control for Robot Manipulators (M.
Sekundo, M. Leinberger, L. Song, C. Hsu)
Thesis and Student Projects
If you are interested in doing your thesis on
- Machine learning-supported (model predictive) control, or
- Control of scanning quantum dot microscopy,
then contact me by e-mail giving the following information:
- a brief description of who you are: name, study program,
- which project/topic you are interested in
- time planned for developing the project/thesis
Go to Top
- Since 06/2020: Regular fellow of the graduate program Mathematical Complexity Reduction,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg (Germany)
- Since 03/2020: Ph.D. student and research assistant
at the Chair for Systems Theory and Automatic Control (Prof. Rolf
Findeisen), Institute for Automation Engineering, Otto-von-Guericke
University Magdeburg (Germany)
- 01/2020: Master's degree (M.Sc.) in Biosystems Engineering
from the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg (Germany)
- 05/2018: Bachelor's degree (B.Sc.) in Biosystems
Engineering from the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg (Germany)